WHAT IS THE UT CHALLENGE AND WHAT DOES THE COMMITTEE DO?
The UT Challenge is a UT wide project in which each student can participate. During this project students have the possibility to realise innovative ideas, prototypes, and research ideas in cooperation with coaches of partners like ASML, Demcon, Thales, Nuon, EY and more. The best projects may be pitched during the spectacular final event on June 21st (part of the Entrepreneurial Day), at which amazing prizes can be won. The first edition of the UT Challenge took place in 2017 and it was a big success. This year the first steps will be made towards giving students responsibility of the organisation of this event.
The committee will be part of a workgroup. This workgroup consists of stakeholders of different organisation with whom cooperation is needed to ensure the success of the next edition.
WHAT MAKES THE UT CHALLENGE COMMITTEE AWESOME?
- Professional cooperation with the UT and associated partner companies
- Interdisciplinary cooperation within the committee
- Operating in a young and refreshing organisation
- Receiving sales training
- Building network
- Responsible for the organisation of the biggest UT project
- Bonus compensation upon successful completion of responsibilities
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The committee hosts the following functions (3-4):
- Coordinator candidate recruitment – responsible for the recruitment of participating students and the matching with companies. Think of:
- The coordination of promotion activities
- The setting up of extraordinary recruitment activities
- The actual recruitment and contacting of candidate participants
- The linking of students to the right companies
- Coordinator content developer – responsible for the realisation of a continuous stream through multiple online channels. Think of:
- The gathering and sharing of interviews/testimonials of concerned partners, (ex)participants and stakeholders
- Communicating the current situation through multiple online channels
- The communication with the press
- Apart from this, the ‘coordinator content developer’ will work closely with the ‘coordinator candidate recruitment’ to manage offline promotion materials
- Coordinator event management (x2) – responsible for the organising of the two biggest events of the UT Challenge: speed date afternoon and the final event. Think of:
- Creation of programmes
- Creation of script
- Communication with different stakeholders (UT, companies, students)
HOW MUCH TIME DOES THE COMMITTEE TAKE AND WHEN DOES THE EVENT TAKE PLACE?
- The UT Challenge workgroup will start in January 2018.
- The committee, that will be part of the workgroup, will be formed in November.
- On average, the UT Challenge committee will take 4 to 6 hours per week.
- The project of the participants will take place from February 1st until June 21st. On June 21st the Entrepreneurial day (final event) will take place.
WHAT IS EXPECTED OF YOU?
- Effort and a pro-active mind-set
- Affinity with entrepreneurship
- Organisational skills
- Strong communicative skills and a good interlocutor on different levels
- You have a commercial and creative mind-set with questions
Send a mail to Stef: firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your resume and a motivation letter.